|Purcell Harding la Touche|
Purcell Harding la Touche MSc, LLB, MA, DPhil, MBE is a solicitor who dealt with Ms. Hanley's will. She gave the deed of Hanley's flat to Mr. Benson, her domestic cat. When Bernard Black, Hanley's tenant, found out that his new landlord was a cat, la Touche tried her best to calm him and to sort out all the legal agreements between the two. Bernard, however, did not listen and continued to hold a grudge with the cat., who he later attempted to murder.
- Purcell is a name of Norman origin and translates to 'piglet'.
- Harding is a surname of English origin and means 'son of the brave'.
- La Touche is French for 'the key' or 'the button'.
Behind the scenesEdit
- La Touche was portrayed by English actress Alice Lowe.
- La Touche holds many titles, including Master of Science, Bachelor of Laws, Master of Arts, Doctor of Philosophy, Member of the Order of the British Empire as well as Rowing Blue, Grade Two.